Here's the closest I came to a floor plan for our new house. The shape is correct and to scale, but the inner rooms are less than accurate as far as scale goes.
I drew up several designs for our house, but after going through the process enough times, most were counted out after failing to meet one or more of the following criteria.
- Doable with one person and a backhoe/loader (at least the majority of it)
- shape had to be easily reproducible when transferred to actual size (I needed to be able to accurately draw it in life-size scale)
- no roof span over 18'
- incorporate curved walls
- compatible with/for barrel vault roof
- compatible shape for (simple) rain catchment
- compatible with surrounding landscape
- distances needed to stay in check for gray water plumbing